14 in 2014
I’m seeing a lot of people doing “14 Before 2014”, but there isn’t really anything I’d like to accomplish before 2014 hits aside from continuing my self-harm sobriety and not going absolutely insane, so I figured having an “in” version would be best for me.
- Cook at least once a month. Whether it’s chicken enchiladas or baked french toast sticks, I want to cook an actual dish at least once monthly that isn’t straight from a can. I want to, because I need to learn how to cook if I’m ever going to come up with some allergy-free recipes for myself and [possibly] others.
- Stop comparing my blog to other blogs; stop comparing myself to others. I used to be fine with it as it is and whatnot, but this year I really put a lot of care into what a lot of people thought, even some redundant people. I like it how it is, and I need to stop being bothered by others’ negative opinions of it.
- Clean out my friend lists. I did this on Facebook in September to remove any and all people that had a connection of some sort to my mom or lard to keep nosy pests out of my life. I didn’t, however, clean out the rest of it. Although many people I’d like to remove consists of family, I’d still like to at least clean out some of the people.
- Make a stand on Facebook. Mostly family is on the social network I despise the most, and they patronize my invisible illnesses1 and converse with me as if I’m a child. I really need to be done with that for 2014. The number 13 is literally my most unlucky number in the world, so I’m quite excited it’s almost over.
- Go by “Liz” offline. This just needs to happen, okay? I’ll eventually legally change my first name, and last year they knew it was coming, so they need to get into the habit now.
- Crafts! Every year I intend to take advantage of my craftsy moods and actually do some DIY project, but I never end up doing it. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to DIY junk that I want to do but never end up doing. I also want to make some ATCs. I’ve never made any, but it seems like a fun and really cool idea.
- Stop pressuring myself so much. It’s to the point that I can’t tell whether it’s basically peer pressure or because I actually feel ready to do it. It makes me have panic attacks.
- Capture stuff. Snapping scenes in the city isn’t the same as snapping scenes in the country.
- Q & A a Day: 5-Year Journal. I received one last year from Charan, but I haven’t actually used it in full.
- Participate in snail mail swaps. I recently discovered Swap Bot, an awesome site that has tons of snail mail swaps, and I love snail mail and penpals.
- Become a better penpal. Because if you’re my penpal, you know I suck at replying back. Average reply time: 2-3 months. 😡
- Take a photo of myself that I’m happy with. Because that hasn’t happened in a while (a year, at least).
- Write an ‘about me’ page that I don’t hate five minutes after writing it. Because this also hasn’t happened in a year.
- Hate myself a little less.
It’s a little early, but at least if I post it now I won’t have a chance to rethink anything on it. :p
- Depression, etc. ↩