6 Sticks: Things I’d like to do I wouldn’t normally do
I may have had the chance to do any of these once before, but I passed it up. I always say I don’t have regrets, and I don’t, but I oftentimes find myself wishing I hadn’t chickened out and decided against it.
These are not goals; they’re just things I wouldn’t mind doing — they’re experiences I’d love to have.
- Sing karaoke — No matter how good or bad at singing I may be1, I still want to do this. I think it would be fun. Perhaps it’d be easier in front of drunk people and/or in a town where I know absolutely no one.
- Go parasailing — I had a chance to do this a long time ago, but I passed it up. It was right in front of me, and I chose to not do it. I missed my chance. I got my hair braided into tons of small braids from a lady who braided hair the next day. It looked really cute. I just wish I had chosen to go parasailing, too. Hopefully, I’ll have that chance again.
- Have $1000 in my bank account at one time — I’ve really tried to do this in the past, like when I worked at Walmart. It never worked in my favor, because I’d always have to spend everything I earned and desperately wait for the next paycheck. It was so difficult. But I would still like to have that much in my account at one time. I think with that much that I’d feel more comfortable and okay — like I wouldn’t be going broke after I paid for my phone and some things I want (sketchbook, sketching pencils, etc.) the next day.
- Make a cookbook consisting of my photography and recipes I came up with and actually cooked/made myself — I don’t cook, so this one would probably shock a lot of people if I actually accomplished it. It’d be for people with allergies. My dad brought up the idea last week, causing me to stop thinking it was such a far-fetched idea. Perhaps I can use the recipe books I find that fit some of my allergy needs to come up with some recipes that fit all of my allergy needs. I’ve considered this for Allergic Liza after a year, provided it collected enough recipes, but this item is one that I did myself (and maybe with some help from some family).
- Take a skyrobics class — That’s a workout class with a floor built of trampolines. I saw it on the TV at the doctor’s office whilst I was waiting to get my allergy shot Thursday. It looked cool and fun. If I can find a low-priced one, I’ll do it. If Bri’s back is better, she said she’ll attend it with me. 🙂
- Own a Nikon DSLR — I have grown to love Nikon more than Cannon. Perhaps it’s because my mom has a Cannon, but I’ve seen the two compared. Nikon takes better pictures, and the color just looks better. I’ve been wanting the same Nikon DSLR since it was released, which was about three years ago.
What are 6 experiences you’d like to have?
- I’ve had compliments; I’m just not up for singing in front of people. I’ve been put down for it a lot, being told I’m the worst singer ever, etc., so I don’t sing in front of people anymore. ↩