6 Things I’m Really Bad At
I’m almost always thinking about the negative things about me, especially the things that I am bad at. I’m still sharing them, however, because perhaps there is good in them in some way or another. I first saw this on Manda’s site, but I always enjoy going to the original source of the meme.1
I’m really bad at…
- continuing something I started. You’re probably thinking that this can’t possibly be true because I have a blog (this one) and a collection of over 400 posts on a blog I use for an archive, but if you look at the memes I’ve attempted to do and start, you’ll see that I’m not so great at doing such. I was going to do this as a 6 Sticks post, but it didn’t feel right.
- keeping my room clean. I’m one of those people who literally do better with organized messes. I don’t mind a little organization for myself, but as long as I can have something on the floor where it clearly doesn’t belong, then I’ll be okay. Sometimes, however, it gets out of hand and before I know it my laundry is backed up. Although cleaning it and seeing it finally clean again makes me feel refreshed, it’s not necessarily how I like it. Sometimes an organized mess and a freshly cleaned room helps me get inspired. Thus, I often go back and forth between the two merely for that reason.
- saying what I feel — especially here lately. I tend to step down and go with the flow a lot. This is a super bad thing, because when I finally do stand up for myself, people think there is something wrong with me. I say “okay” a lot, or I just stay silent instead. Sometimes it’s because I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings, and other times it’s because I don’t want to have to explain myself.
- returning emails. A number of things happen, including but not limiting to: I forget, I can’t think of the right words to say, I’m sidetracked, I decide to reply later. It’s complicated. I mean, at least it’s not a phone call (I never answer those!).
- not buying domains. I suppose the addiction still stands. I mean, I have 9 domain names now.
- telling people what they want to hear. I’m that friend that always tells you like it is. No sugarcoating involved. Apparently a lot of people hate that. I’ll admit I hate that at time, but I just don’t do well with all of the cliché crap.
What are you really bad at?
- I mean, I assume this will start a trend, so… ↩