My requests are on hold indefinitely. I don’t want to be held responsible for this ish during my eating disorder recovery.
I accept review requests from a variety of genres, but I most prefer
- graphic novels
- LGBTQ+ fiction
- Native American fiction (as I am such myself)
- psychological thrillers
- science fiction
Up to 27 book reviews are published to my blog per year, as I’m a personal blogger and not a book blogger by definition. These books are selected at my own discretion. Every review is published to Goodreads.
No nonfiction. Heterosexual romance is seldom sold to me as a non-straight person, so please don’t.
How to get me to read your book (+ maybe review it on my blog)
- Read everything on this page! I wrote it specifically to deter anyone with hard sells so neither of us waste any time.
- If you contact me and I say yes, all this exchange is is a) me reading your book and b) a chance for a review on my blog. By “chance”, I mean that I’ve limited slots (see above).
- If you want me to market/advertise your book, beyond my basic review process, this is a sponsored feature. I’m skilled in what I do and am my own agency—not an amateur.
- Don’t send me stuff I don’t care about—a link to Goodreads with the blurb, publisher company, published date, genre(s), etc. suffices. Don’t attach press releases, ’cause I won’t read ’em. The best way to avoid this is to use my form, whether as a guideline or method of contact.
- All I care about is that you, self-published or not, hold yourself professionally and treat me with kindness and respect. Read a few of my previous book reviews to make sure my review style aligns with your wants (sorry I don’t have a fancy archive). I am less likely to trust requests from authors who have no website/social media presence. I don’t trust Amazon seller profiles due to a previous experience.
- If you’ve got a hard sell and can find two to three reviews of at least 3 stars that make you think I am the right reviewer for your book, then send those links along.
- I accept a limited number of requests, but you can still pitch me if your book meets my preference list even when my queue is full, in the event I relent.
How my schedule works
Book reviews are posted on Mondays. I schedule my book reviews ~a quarter in advance so I avoid running out and inconsistency.
If you want expedited scheduling and/or a specific date reserved in fourth quarter, this is sponsored post territory.
I’m not currently accepting requests due to a full queue and health purposes. I’m a late-20-something who needs to adult and was smacked by responsibilities to her health last year.