There are many articles on the web telling you, the/a blogger, how you should/shouldn’t blog because you’ve searched for advice and want to know how to receive more hits and how to have unique blah, blah and blah. WELL, THIS AIN’T ONE OF ‘EM.
New to blogging/been ‘a’ blogging and don’t know how to up up your blog’s attractiveness? I’m just going to list my turn ons and turn offs. Do with them what you please. The way you perceive what I wrote is entirely between you and your mind, but feel free to ask some questions if you don’t understand something/wish to question me.
- Blogger put heart and soul into blog posts, page(s), look & feel (theme/layout/design)
- Blogger doesn’t follow blogging “rules”/”etiquette” just to “belong” and/or “fit in”
- Blogger has a unique style of writing (their own) and puts their own touch to their work
- Blogger uses correct grammar, spelling and punctuation – or at least tries to
- If blogger was wrong, blogger admits to being wrong. This shows courage
- Blogger writes quality posts – I’d rather read a long, detailed blog than read a blog that just “cuts to the chase” and lasts only 300-400 words
- Blogger puts down or talks bad about other bloggers/websites
- Blogger cyber bullies
- Blogger’s text is all in CAPS and really small
- Blogger’s blog’s look & feel hurts my eyes
- Blogger uses excessive profanity
- Blogger is too vulgar on blog
Of course, there are others, but these are just some main points.
Maybe I’ll write an article with some of my advice, or something like that, for bloggers who want it. Bloggers meaning in general, obviously.
I’ve been feeling like writing these kinds of articles lately. I can’t really explain why.