I’ve taken questions from other surveys/blog projects over time and put them into one. If you do it, I’d love to know your answers1.
1. Have you always blogged in this location (domain, subdomain, etc.)?
No. However, I like to think that people deserve second chances, thus why I started over completely. I’ve also matured a lot, so I’d rather be remembered as who I am today, minus the depressive bit.
2. What three blogs do you visit most frequently?
- Stephanie’s (Typically daily)
- Clarisse’s (I don’t want her to update and me miss it completely and her disappear again)
- Marina’s (She interests me)
3. Would you rather have 100 followers/readers or 100 comments?
Having 100 followers/readers doesn’t really do much. I’d rather have 100 comments, because to me that’s what matters more than the reader number. I could get x amount of hits per day, but if I don’t receive comments from that, then how in the world does it do any good to have those hits? Feedback over hits for me, all the way.
4. What do you like blogging about most?
For me, it depends on what is easier for me to blog about. It’s easier for me to blog about what’s on my mind at the time, whatever it may be that I want to share. Thus said, I think that’s what I enjoy blogging about most. The blog posts that are forced are obviously forced and more difficult to even write. I don’t force a blog post out of me anymore. 😉
5. How often do you blog?
I blog whenever I feel like it. I also have scheduled posts and drafts saved. 😉 They’re convenient, and when I feel like having something new up, I can easily do so without forcing out a blog post. Otherwise, I get really annoyed with myself. So, if I feel like having a new post on my front page already and I can easily cough up a blog post, then I’ll write one. I’m not going to deliberately waste a draft.
6. Is there a blogger you look up to? Why?
I don’t look up to anyone, really. I’d rather be myself and blog how I want to and do what I want to do with my blog. I’ve never looked up to any blogger. Bloggers are people, too, you know…
7. What audience do you hope your blog attracts?
- No one under the age of 13, because 6birds is and always will be a blog of mature content, even if no pornography is involved.
- Mostly those who are 18+.
- People who have been/are being abused, because I feel like I can more easily relate to them.
- People who suffer from depression/PTSD, as being able to relate to someone else with either of these is really a nice thing to be able to do.
- Open-minded people.
8. Is there particular outfit you prefer to blog in?
It’s more comfortable to blog in my pajamas. If I’m not in pajamas, then I hope I’m feeling cute. Otherwise, a good blog won’t really come out of that effort.
9. How do you market your blog (attract traffic, followers, etc.)?
- I don’t do the “followers” crap.
- I tweet my new posts and occasionally share them to Facebook strictly under the people group/list/thing which lacks family members.
- The rest is fair game, I guess?
10. What do you find to be the most challenging about blogging?
Not getting burnt out. That has happened. Quite a lot.
11. What’s your take on the various 30-day blog challenges?
I don’t have a take. I’ve never done one. :p
12. Do people offline know about your blog?
Yep. They know the rules.
13. What do you do when you’re not blogging?
I try to not let my mind think on its own.
14. What’s your take on sponsored reviews?
They lack realism to me.
15. What will you never discuss on your blog?
How I do illegal drugs. Because I don’t do illegal drugs.
16. How do you feel about the “Read more” tag?
I think it should be used. I don’t understand why so many people are peeved about this. Then again, the people I find to be bothered by this are typically those on Blogspot who constantly center their text, only reply to their comments on their site (or via freaking EMAIL if you provide it), and make a collage on their sidebar out of 125×125 pixel images that link to other blogs who do the same thing.
17. Are there any bloggers you can’t stand?
Yep. Oh, were you looking for names? Sorry, I hate drama.
18. Is there something you wonder about your readers?
I often wonder if they understand my sense of humor. I have yet to receive a comment from someone who does. My humor is hopeless. I BET YOU THINK I AM YELLING AT YOU RIGHT NOW. I AM, BUT NOT IN THE UPSET SENSE. MORE LIKE IN THE SOMETIMES-WHEN-I-CAPS-YOU-PEOPLE-I-AM-NOT-FREAKING-SERIOUS SENSE. Sigh. I give up. Clearly, my humor is hopeless. It’s only understandable offline. Where there are people. Closed-minded people that I dislike. Oh, joy.
19. Name one thing you really can’t stand about some bloggers.
BIG. BLOBS. OF TEXT.
20. Do you see yourself changing your blogging location in the future? Why?
No. I’m very attached to 6birds, as it contains sentimental value. I really want people to remember me as “Liza” of “6birds”, or something along those lines. I want people I used to connect with to be able to find me after we were separated for what feels like forever and say, “YES! YOU’RE STILL HERE!” 6birds has become the domain that defines me. People know me by 6birds. It has become me.
- So please send a trackback or something so I can see it? 🙂 ↩