Continued from I don’t hate being single. This post is 2/3 of my explanation of my single life. I’ve actually never revealed it this much before, but don’t worry: it’s not that interesting.
So, like… When they always talk to their ex whom they’re still in love with even though they deny still being in love with said ex, and then said ex sends me a friend request via Facebook (because did I mention said ex is his BEST FRIEND in this scenario?) – which I end up accepting anyway because he had already brought up how it would be great if she and I were friends/knew each other (why would that even matter though?!). Anyway, that one thing that probably seems so innocent/whatever is actually (in my opinion) what broke us up since mine and Chris’ relationship went downhill afterward.
I mean, if she had just left me alone and not messaged me about how she was a better girlfriend to Chris, etc., then he and I probably would have done well. I did tell him, but guess whose side he took? Yep. You [hopefully] guessed hers. This chick is supposed to be the girl who he loves so much he considers his sister (and he had said something along the lines of “blah, blah, blah, related”) – his little sister – and whom he is completely over.
Chris was living with his dad and his stepmother (R) at the time, and R made him ask each time he wanted to go over to his ex’s house before he actually went. Here is the problem with that:
- Saying “yes” gives him permission to cheat
- Saying “no” makes me this controlling/possessive girlfriend
R didn’t understand why I ever let him go over to his ex’s house. But it was one of those things where I couldn’t win either way. It wasn’t fair to even ask me, in my opinion, because if a boyfriend is truly loyal, he wouldn’t ask because he wouldn’t do it. I mean, isn’t it just common sense to not do something if you feel like your significant other will get upset over it? .-. I couldn’t win, and that was the main reason as to why I lost him.
Dirty text messages?
Another problem was that he sometimes sent text messages consisting of things he’d do to me. I’m a pretty bashful person, especially in person, and I’m not experienced even with [so embarrassing] kissing (OMG Chris forced it, and his lips were chapped and he was technically my first real kiss unless you count Andy’s kissing me on the cheek a “real kiss”) and it was at church (I was told that it’s wrong to kiss at church if you’re not married, so it feels really weird and awkward to me, especially…) …where people were there, and it was raining, AND IT WAS NOT LIKE IN MOVIES AT ALL IT WAS SO HORRIBLE AND GROSS. Although maybe if lard wasn’t there it wouldn’t have been so bad. He asked me about it. He made it very awkward. It was none of his business.
Anyway… When he asked me what I would do, I was just like, “Uh…” We hadn’t even been together a month. -.-
And there was more…
Some pet peeves:
- When guys constantly try to get into my business (i.e. like on my cell phone especially) and read things that aren’t there. If it’s a trust issue, then fine. Let me see and play with your phone. However, if that’s really how the relationship has to work, then why are we even together if our relationship lacks trust?
- When guys can’t keep their hands off of me. Holding hands is awkward for me – as well as being touched at all – I mean, you go through hell and back as a kid and tell me if you like it. I’d love to be able to hold hands without it being awkward. See, Andy never pushed that. I warmed up to him and saw that he was okay and not out to hurt me. Chris just dived into the whole ‘being in a relationship’ thing as if we had been together for a year (see next point). I mean, why can’t we still also be friends? :/
- WHEN GUYS TALK ABOUT GETTING MARRIED, HAVING KIDS AND WHAT OUR KIDS’ NAMES WILL BE. Do I really need to discuss this one any further? I mean, okay. So… If we’ve been together for a year or so, maybe that’s okay. Maybe. Maybe. However, AFTER TWO WEEKS ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!
But just because I’m single doesn’t mean I like it.
So um. .-.
I’m splitting again.
Because my original post was over like 1500 words. I rewrote this part, and I’ll rewrite the next part… I figured splitting it into three posts would be kind of different from other bloggers?: one post for the good, one post for the bad, and one post that you don’t get to find out about until later (it’s not ‘one post for the ugly’; Western movies are not my thing, thank you very much-.-).
I do hope you enjoy these, though. o.o It’s my attempt at being a not-so-boring blogger.