Friday Night Pick-Me-Ups
Not everyone finds themselves to be beautiful. Heck, I don’t even find myself to be beautiful half of the time. But even though you’re feeling down, there’s still some things you could at least try doing, because there’s always a maybe when it comes to handing you that ladder so you can climb out of whatever depth of a pit you are in.
Rather than letting you continue tumble down, I’ve made a list of things I hope will help you in any way, because no one deserves to feel like their lives are lower than dirt no matter what they’ve done in the past.
The LIst of Pick-Me-Ups
I, Liz, am prescribing you to take any of the things below and try them in your life when you are feeling down. These things have worked for me, family members and my friends. 🙂
In your locker, in a folder, in your wallet… Here, I’ll just list out some places you could stick Post-Its (or something similar) with POSITIVE messages on them…
- alarm clock
- any place you’ll look at often, or at least just once, each day
…and what are some things they could possibly say? COMPLIMENTS. It doesn’t matter how conceited they sound as you’re writing them.
Own a cell phone? Set an event in your calendar to remind yourself of how great you are. Make it a random day. I have multiple events happening throughout the week, but not like your average event. Type up something nice about yourself as a reminder that you’re beautiful, that you’re great – that you’re you, and you don’t need to change for anyone else but yourself (as long as you want to change).
The event will come up on your phone, and you will hopefully read it. After all, you never know what’s going to happen on said day, right? I mean, you could be saving your life right there! 😛
If you’re a music person, then perhaps this playlist I’ve created on my iPod will help you?
- The Big Bang by Rock Mafia
- F**kin’ Perfect by P!nk
- What the Hell by Avril Lavigne
- Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
- Born This Way by Lady Gaga
- Who Says by Selena Gomez
- Rolling In the Deep by Adele
- Like Me by Girlicious
- Piece of Me by Britney Spears
- If I Die Young by The Band Perry
- Blow by Ke$ha
- Life Is a Show by Cassie Steele
- Shark In the Water by V.V. Brown
- Love, Save the Empty by Erin McCarley
- Strip Me by Natasha Bedingfield
- I Don’t Think About It by Emily Osment
- Marisol by Emily Osment
- Truth or Dare by Emily Osment
- Love Lives On by Mallory Hope
- Melody by Kate Earl
- Halo by Beyoncé
- Love Song by Sara Bareilles
- Drama Queen by Family Force 5
- Earthquake by Family Force 5
- Fever by Family Force 5
- Get Your Back Off the Wall by Family Force 5
If this doesn’t help you, then… Well, I tried. 🙂 But… FF5… How can that not make you wanna get up and just dance it all off?