Get to Know Me: A book tag
“Get to Know Me” is a book tag by Jamie, who originated as a TCG buddy and joined the blogging world a year ago. 😁 She’s suuuuuper nice and comments back (*hint hint*).
Instead of me tagging people, if you want to do it, go for it. 😊
- Name: Liz
- Birthday: March 20-something 👌
- Eye color: Light brown
- Hair color: Auburn chestnut (the red looks like highlights, but I haven’t gotten my hair done in years; I’ve Irish and Scottish ancestors)
- Tattoos: Nada
- Piercings: Ya no1
- Eating/Drinking: Green grapes and water
- Single or taken: Imaginarily taken (sauce)
- Pets: I want another cat so, so bad. 😥
- Reading: Anne of Avonlea (#2)
- Watching: Dragons: Race to the Edge (season 5)
- Color: Turquoise, dark grey, red
- Hobbies: uh…I have a hard time naming hobbies tbh
- Authors: Lois Duncan; I need to read more from the same authors, obviously 😅
- Book genres: Dystopia, suspense/psychological thriller, crime, science fiction/fantasy, queer romance, historical romance, romance
- Television: 😅 I feel like I should just make a post of all the shows I watch tbh BECAUSE I LOVE TOO MANY and I WATCH EVERYTHING
- Films: How to Train Your Dragon, The Way He Looks, Pixels, Below Her Mouth, Pocahontas
- Favorite place to read: my chair @ my desk, or in my bed
- I can’t help reading ahead sometimes; other times I read the last few lines so I know what I’m getting myself into.
- I prefer physical books, because I have to use a reader strip of sorts2; serif fonts are NOT my friend. Ebooks make that difficult and read longer, and it doesn’t help my lack of reading comprehension skills. I also take notes as I read (words/vocabulary, diction/imagery, etc.) to use as a reference when I write my own stories, and it’s not easy to reference ebooks.
- Audiobooks: I’m hard-of-hearing and also don’t process verbal text as quickly as I do the written word. It’d be a complete waste of time because it’d inevitably require at least double the time.
- Book boyfriends/girlfriends: Evelyn Hugo? Yeah, that’s weird. I’m smitten, though! Also Isabel, Jacob Black and/or Gilbert Blythe could totally get it if we did nothing more than cuddle, Alice Cullen, Octavia Blake, and KIZABEL. I need to read more diverse fiction, methinks, to make an adequate judgment call.
- Marriage: Would like to, but that depends on others, doesn’t it? 😒
- Children: I keep thinking I want kids, and then I babysit others’ kids and think, “Omg, NO.” On the other hand, older kids need to be adopted, too. 💁❤
- Career: Not telling ’til it happens, but also: novelist.
- Where I want to live is a complicated question, agh. 😫