Happy birthday, 6birds!
Fun fact: I love typing in my own forms. I’ve always styled my forms so they would be fun to type in, because sometimes it’s more fun to type in my forms than it is to type in my WP Dash. That’s not the only quirk. In honor of 6birds’ 3rd birthday, here are five more quirks/facts/secrets/etc. that you didn’t know about 6birds!
- For other uses: In my Spring 2011 semester of college, I’d have SUCH a difficult time typing up essays and notes and whatnot in Word. It was just so annoying, and it didn’t feel natural. I tried Notepad and Dreamweaver, but nothing worked. Then I tried opening up the “Add New Post” page in WordPress, and it made it so much easier! Once I finished writing whatever it was, I’d move it over to Word to format and proofread it.
- Stats: I track the word count of my blog. There are over 32,000 published words total. My average per post is 565 words, and my average per page is 327. There are over 4,000 words unpublished. I find it fun to track because I get to see my progress. :3
- Finn: I’ve introduced him before, but right now I’m working on a mini project with him. He’s not exactly a “mascot” – he’s more of the overall personality of 6birds. Picture me in male form. I’m working on him with a… “friend”.
- Rules: A lot of people make a list of tips and things not to do. If you’re wanting a domain name, don’t literally listen to those tips! I sure as hell didn’t! 🙂 So many people say that having a number in your domain name/site name will make it difficult for others to remember. I’ve found that it isn’t difficult for them to remember – it’s more difficult for me to find a creative way to incorporate it into a layout. Don’t not do something you really want to do just because people think it will be difficult. 6birds made the exception. There’s also 99mockingbirds.com – that’s two domains with numbers who made it work!
- Coloring: The color I use most on 6birds is grey, my favorite color! It’s my favorite color, because it goes with [almost] everything. 🙂 Light grey, dark grey, grey, grey, grey. 🙂
If you have a site, what are 6 of your site’s facts/quirks/secrets/etc.? Doesn’t have to be six, but please don’t go over 6!
Also, I’m having a giveaway for 6birds. This year, it’s a physical object. :3