This post feels really lame and pretentious of me, but I’m trying this new thing wherein I don’t delete old posts just ’cause they’re embarrassing AF. (Feb 2018 edit)
Hello, hi! 2015 for me is going to be super-productive — at least, that’s the plan — and I plan to blog about things I do more often this year.
I’m contemplating starting a physical product-related Etsy business. I’m also going to form an LLC so I can maybe start consulting people (blogging, communities, etc), as well as have my personal assets protected, and I’m hoping to complete my semi-allergy-free cookbook by the end of the year. (It’s a small one, and it’ll be an eBook, but I do have plans for the future to publish a physical copy of a cookbook.)
Inspired by Christine, I’m sharing the tools I’ll be using/I already use to help make my life easier.
- Pretty Link — You might have seen it already. It “masks” or “cloaks” links, but really, I just use it because 1) going to get my affiliate links all the time gets time-consuming, and this was, the links are ready to go in my dashboard, and I can track total and unique clicks from my dashboard; 2) very rarely, companies change the program they use. CodeGuard recently did this. Instead of finding every place I linked to it, I can just change that one link with this plugin. It literally looks like 6birds.net/codeguard. Furthermore, I can set it to nofollow from the settings when I add the link. Easy-peasy, but not sleazy.~
*I have the free version.
(So in case you’ve been weary, it’s solely because of my laziness, not because I want to trick you. o.- )
- Gramblr — I can upload pictures to Instagram from my desktop quickly and easily.
- BlueStacks — My Android is an old version, and it can only take so many apps. Thankfully, this program acts like a phone, so I can install anything from Google Play into the program… including Instagram. I recently discovered this (as in 31st December 2014-recently), so I don’t know how much longer I will be using Gramblr. I downloaded this app player originally so I could have Instagram, because I need it since 1) my phone can’t do screenshots and 2) I want to stay logged into my personal Instagram on my phone. This app player will be/is logged into Project Z’s Instagram.
- Duolingo — I am relearning Spanish. I took Spanish I in eighth grade, and Spanish II the following year. Like skating, I forgot it, because I didn’t practice/continuing using it. I’m relearning it so that I might be able to possibly help someone who doesn’t speak English, even if it’s just text-based, or so that I could translate various things for others to use. Whatever the case, I feel it’ll come in handy later on down the line. Now I just need to figure out where I can learn ASL…
- Google Drive — This is where I store my shit. It works quite well, and I can upload and download things as needed if/when I need/have to work offline. Plus, I ran out of space on Dropbox. 🙁
- AMPPS — I actually have Liz and Code on this, and it’s where/how I work on it without actually publishing posts to the entire world. I’m also able to work on different things live and without losing the progress, as well as when I am without Internet. c:
- @dictionarycom — A new word a day allows me to expand my vocabulary! Ex.I have spent Christmastide being sick. For most people (me, for example), blogs are all a person reads. Therefore, I’m expanding my vocabulary not only for myself and to become a better writer, but to potentially assist in expanding the vocabulary of another’s.
- Relevant blogs I read: byRegina, Sarah Von Bargen’s Small Business Blog,
- Member of: Aspies Central, DayDreamz, XenForo Community, Wispie (and the BBN, but you know… Project Z. :p)
- Wishlist: EPIC BLOG: One-Year Editorial Planner, EPIC DAY Notepad for Creatives… There is more, but I’m too gfdjk to list it at the moment. :p
Projects/Challenges/etc. to do
- Watch 100 movies in 2015 (tracking via Letterboxd)
- 30-day vegan challenge as constructed by Yours Truly
- Learn to love myself
Create a 101 in 1001 days listand actually do it. Or don’t. NBD.
(I created a 101 in 1001 list.)
It’s actually really tempting to talk about Project Z to everyone rather than just Nancy, Harrison and Charlise, because I’m so excited, but I don’t want to deal with any potential feedback about it (because I know people hate change, and I’ve a feeling they’ll hate the name change), even if certain changes needed to happen to save my ass later.
What I can say is, I needn’t constantly edit Liz and Code posts to work without Project Z anymore, because it’s surprisingly going according to plan again/now. I wanted to have it happen by the new year, and it’s only being delayed for approximately a month… And I talked a lot about it in posts I wrote for Liz and Code1, and now that it’s actually happening, it’s like things are going to be okay… because somehow, things turned out the way they were supposed to, even with all that drama I dealt with.
In 2014, I spent a lot of time wishing I had some sort of entertainment blog, but I really neither need nor want yet another blog, especially when Project Z’s going to be consuming a lot of my time, and I’ve also been slacking with personal blogging (but my life’s been boring lately…). Thus, I’ve decided that here, I’m going to have what I want instead of making a new blog.~
DIYs and talk of television, movies and games are totes going to happen. I’m also going to start a series featuring desks, and I’ll post more info on that later. Because I’m picky, high-quality pictures are a must of the desks. Desks are cool, though, ya know? It’ll be like an interview series of sorts, but it’s about desks… and people can tell about their desks, and I can finally have a collection of desks on my own blog rather than on Tumblr and Pinterest and my bookmarks…!
- Aspies are like textbooks; we can store categories of information in our heads about our special interests, and I needed to get so much of what was in my head out, because it was just a lot, and this blog just needed to happen, okay. ↩