I’m a picky blog reader.
When I come across blogs, I may or may not stay on the page to actually read the entry. If I can’t right click/highlight, that’s bye, bye, Liza! While some think it’s for security purposes, it actually doesn’t help you in any way. 😉
- Cursing. Mild cursing is alright. Even 6birds has mild cursing now. It hasn’t always, you know. However, when every other word is a curse word/you’re using it vigorously, I’m done. That annoys me. At least use a bigger vocabulary; otherwise I’m going to assume you need to go back to high school.
- Layout & design. I’ll either love it, hate it, be okay with it or fear it for my life and have to restrain myself from BEGGING you to allow me to redesign your site for you. I prefer blogs that are pleasing to my eyes, which are quite sensitive. I prefer blogs whose site is a cozy place to be. I like to feel relaxed when I’m reading blogs, or anything for that matter.
- Text. If you have a great, big, huge ole blob of text, I just cannot do that. At all. Just hit “enter”! In writing, new paragraphs are necessary when the topic/subtopic changes. Seriously. I promise. In essay writing, hopefully your teacher taught you to create a new paragraph for each point. That’s what you should do in all your writing. Get in the habit.
- Your vs. You’re, They’re vs. There vs. Their, Too vs. Two vs. To, We’re vs. where vs. were. You either know the difference or I’m gone. 🙂
- Complaining. I don’t mind to an extent, but when you start griping about how no one comments/etc., it’s really annoying. I also dislike how people complain about things that are their fault – you failed your class because you didn’t study? That’s your fault. Maybe you shouldn’t have1 partied last weekend until three in the morning and just studied instead!
Basically, I don’t really visit blogs outside of my “circle” because I’m so picky.
- Yes, shouldn’t have. Not shouldn’t of. ↩