Life Update #6
I figured I owe you guys an update on what has happened since my last update, especially since some things have changed.
- I went allergy-free. Earlier this year I had an allergy test and learned what all I am allergic to. Although I had said that I’d still be eating some things I’m allergic to, I haven’t been doing this as much. I’ve actually cut back almost completely, with the exception of having things like cheese and chips and whatnot on occasion. Grandmama made some no-bake nut-free chocolate chip granola bars for me recently, and they are really good. I also have a recipe for homemade granola we can make that we can put various seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc.) in. I cough less, and I feel slightly better allergy-wise now that I lack a lot of allergy foods from my diet.
- I finished off the jar of Sunbutter and am now onto Wowbutter. Wowbutter is a lot creamier than the Sunbutter was. I went through the Sunbutter rather quickly. In terms of taste, Sunbutter wins. In terms of price, Wowbutter wins. Sunbutter is cheaper online, so perhaps I could find some people to co-buy it with me via Amazon. In stores, Sunbutter is $8-$9 for a 16oz jar; Wowbutter is $3-$4. Wowbutter is made from soy nuts. It tastes kind of like peanut butter, but the smell is… odd. For future references: I want Sunbutter for Christmas and my birthday.
- I’m learning how to crochet. Grandmama crochets, and when Bri and I were younger, she would teach us how. Unfortunately, I always forgot. Now, I am learning again. I want to make Ezra a little animal and give him one each year for his birthday, which is in August. My dad and Kimily chose Noah’s Ark as the theme of his room, so a crocheted animal will fit in nicely. 🙂 If I get good enough, I’ll open an Etsy shop for them.
- I’m so bored. I’m so bored with food because I’m so allergic to so much, and I’m running out of variety. Slowly, I’m finding foods I can have have and eat. It simply takes a ton of time.
- I might start an allergy-free food blog. It’s so difficult for me to find nut-free, dairy-free, mold-free and yeast-free recipes! There’s always at least one thing I’m allergic to in the recipes that I find. The granola bars I have to snack on currently contain chocolate, which contains mold and yeast, as well as dairy depending on which kind you use. Thus, when I think about how others with allergies like mine find foods they can eat, I realize that maybe it’s not so easy for them, either. What better way to share my converted recipes with everyone than to have an actual food blog dedicated to allergy-free recipes? I have a domain name in mind for it; I’m just a bit stubborn to actually start this project because it would need a theme
that I’m too lazy to figure out how to make how I want, and if I make it myself I’ll get tired of it way too quickly like I do with all of the other themes I make on my own since I spend SO much time working on said theme (hence why I pay for my blog’s themes now). Hi.
- I finally updated Flight. It’s a MyTCG hack that allows TCG owners to update their TCG right from the admin panel rather than them having to login to Cutenews, FanUpdate, Fusion News, etc. It also uses the same database and comes with smilies pixeled by yours truly. 😉
I’m really looking forward to catching up on the blogs in my feed! I have 79 and counting (counting from those of you who blog daily, thanks). I really do enjoy reading other’s blogs and commenting them; it’s nice. I hope to be caught up soon. :3