Jane Lately: May-June 2018
Greetings, Earthlings.~ Lately, I’ve been trying to fall in love with reading again. I think I signed on for too much. The special interest burst has went into overload and spewed. I owe several reviews, too. It’s made me rethink my whole ~book reviewing~ ish.
My self-esteem has been lower than adequate, so I just didn’t bother with blogging. One of these days, I’ll work up the courage to say, “Wow, tell me what you really love about me! Is there anything else you’d like to add about how wrong my life is, since you’ve started the list? It’s not like I’m a fallible human being with her own insecurities or anything.”
I’m all for not “letting” things get to you and all, but over time, that shit adds up. And people wonder why I don’t grace them with my presence unless requested. Tsk.
Goings-on last quarter
I’m trying something different this time around. Previously, I gave an overview of my month, but since my monthly updates are going quarterly, I feel like this could get unnecessarily long. So I’m just making a list of the top 10 things I can think to name.
- In May, Gmama went to Oklahoma to visit with family, so I had much of the month to myself.
- I watched Solara and Charlie, Charlise’s two youngest! Also: I realized a huge difference between helping Charlise and my mom: Char compensates (and appreciates) me, whereas my mom just took advantage.
- My “unpopular opinions about blogging” post got more traction than I expected.
- In June, my cousbro got married. I’m so happy for him. He called me around midnight and told me I’ve been a bad sister. I suppose it’s true since I’m so late in mailing him his birthday card (birthday is mid-June).
My "itty bitty" cousin got married last Friday night aaand I'm so happy for him! 💖 We grew up together and have been through a lot together—chased by a cow, frightened by a tornado movie, started a trashcan band, fought a lot, ear infections after swimming, DAYS of #DisneyChannel back when it was good, swimming in a muddy lake, "jumping" over the hills on the four-wheeler until Mimi screamed at us…😂
- At Kohl’s, I tried on dresses and took selfies, channeling my Charmaine Diyoza (which basically means I was channeling my inner criminally cutthroat commander…which makes it sound so much more twisted). I have a post about this I’ll publish this month.
- Mirror selfies are so NOT all over lifestyle blogs by peeps in their late 20s, but I’m gonna rock it anyways. Who makes up these blogging rules, anyway?
- I also shared my RUMPs stash! I was so nervous, but surprised at all the support received.
- Summer’s a slow time for blogging, so I’m blogging less and spending time on other things, some of which are from Lisa Koivu’s list of 30 projects.
- I don’t want to jinx anything, but my carpal tunnel syndrome is getting manageable again.
- If I was a dance…
I’ve been slow in blogging lately, and this will probably continue at least until my self-esteem builds back up some. I’m working behind the scenes, currently trying to downsize my web projects so I can delete databases and software that is just sitting around doing nothing. I can’t be “on” all the time, and the time spent doing so gets used up the moment someone criticizes me for whatever.