What you cannot choose… The Rules are Simple:
We all know that blogging/facebook/twitter is in our arena of what we like to do, so I am going to rule them out as one of the 5 that you can post about.
If you want to pass this along, pick bloggers that you want to find out more about, and challenge them to write up their 5 secret passions that make them feel good. The idea is to lift our spirits this week. The fact that there is a linky added, just makes it all the more worthwhile in doing.
- Todd is my best friend. You know the saying “You don’t get to choose your family, but you can choose your friends”? I think that statement is somewhat of a lie. Todd is my best friend, but I did not choose him. I feel like a horrible person when I think of the day I picked him up. “I don’t want the one with the messed up tail,” is what I kept telling myself. Before I knew it, Harley (the lady’s son) was handing me Todd. I put a lot of effort into his name. I laughed when he fell off the bed.2 He was so adorable! Todd isn’t only my best friend; he’s my baby; he’s family.
- Privacy! Privacy is a big part of me. If you want me to trust you, you have to give me privacy. I didn’t have much of this growing up, so it is something I treasure as much as my life. I believe that privacy is more than meets the eye: Someone talking about you behind their back, confronting someone else about you (so that someone else can confront you), etc. are invasions of privacy. I mean, if you have a problem with me, take it up with me; don’t have someone else tell me about the problems I have with you! Make sense? This also includes guys who ask their friends to get to know me. That’s an invasion of privacy; why can’t they get to know me themselves?!
- Trees: I never noticed I had a love for trees until November 2009, when I moved back to this city.3 They are beautiful plants, and not two trees look alike; there is always something different! I love the way their branches look and how their leaves dance in the wind as it blows.4
- Mathematics. I am great at mathematics. I’m going to teach it after I finish college. I’m great at it, and it continues to challenge me. I love solving math problems. …I dislike graphing, though. -.-
- Helping others is something that I would love to do for the rest of my life. That’s why I want to teach. Teachers help their students strive to succeed in their schoolwork and life. High school was where I found my “true self”, if you wish to call it that. I believe that, if you give and not expect anything in return, that you will be happier than you would be if you gave and gave and gave, and then expected everything.5
608 words. I’m sorry. 🙁
If you decide to do this on your blog leave me a link, otherwise let me know in the comments what your 5 passions are!
- Written March 9, 2011 and scheduled to post March
15 1413. I’m learning more WP features the more my Internet access is somewhat “limited”! ↩
- When he was a kitten, he would walk along the edge of my bed. One wrong move made him fall. ↩
- I also lived here in second grade. I was on the drill team! ↩
- Another reason I would love to find my USB cord. ↩
- Or if you merely take everything. ↩