Janepedia is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
A certain type of bloggers, that is. ~
I use “hate” with caution. -.-
I need to vent.
AKA, screw the right way to write.
A while back, I received an email:
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I followed you on Twitter and your email was tweeted to someone else, so that’s how I got it. I asked for a follow back on Twitter. If you don’t follow back, I’m going to have to unfollow you.
While you’re already reading this, I’d like to inform you that your site name on your website is spelled wrong. You forgot to put a space between the 6 and the b. “6 birds”.
Things that have built up inside of me
I really don’t want to disable comments completely again, but things are looking like they may need it.
- I’m tired of being asked to freaking “follow”. The numbers don’t freaking matter! Unless you’re actually receiving feedback, the hits don’t really matter. If I were to do business with someone, I’d do it with someone who interacts with their readers/clients/etc., not someone who ignores them. ~
If you rely and really count on those Google Friend Count followers, I can’t take you seriously. #sorrynotsorry
- My Commenting Guidelines are there for a reason. So freaking READ them!
- I use WordPress, self-hosted. I cannot tell you how to style your Blogspot to look like mine.
- I don’t participate in link exchanges. Please don’t make me feel like I’m obligated to add your link to my site because you’ve added me to yours.
- I’ve had a terrible week, and I had an allergic reaction to something I ate. Sometimes, I take a while to reply to comments. Right now, Spree is down. The update was supposed to be posted Monday for the event. -.- That is my current sitely priority.
- I don’t reply to every comment on said person’s site, but only because sometimes I have nothing to say. I DO, however, save your link and check back later. (Sometimes.)
- I’m not going to sugarcoat my posts, including comments. So if your teacher took your phone away during class because you were text messaging during a test AND you also failed said test, that’s your fault. It’s also your fault that you got grounded because of it.
- No, I did not steal one of Georgie’s premade layouts and change the styling. Georgie made this. WHAT? REALLY? Yep. I paid her. OH, I DIDN’T KNOW. Wellp, now you do. Stop emailing me about this!
I thought I had her link on a page somewhere, but I guess not. It’s not on the footer because I had to balance the footer stuff. It’s complicated. A Liza thing. Kind of like all of the cabinets needing to be shut completely, the microwave not being allowed to beep and having to be stopped at 1, and light switches needing to be tapped four times (but if I mess up, it has to be 4 times, then 4 times again for a total of 8). I should probably get tested for OCD, I know. It may happen with therapy.
- It’s 6birds, not 6 birds. Yes, it uses numbers. I MAKE IT WORK. It just has to be 6birds. Written, typed, etc. It has to be. Just like hand sanitizer has to be set down a certain way, or a pen has to be laying on a surface a certain way. …Or, better example: Writing 6birds as Six Birds or 6 Birds to me is like continuously looking at that stray mark on the overhead/chalkboard the teacher just slightly missed when erasing and just itching to go up and freaking fix that freaking obnoxious mark.
- I refuse to put up non HQ buttons on my site. So if I join a blogring or something and there are buttons, I’m not showing off said blogring unless 1) HQ graphics are in place or 2) I can make my own. Sites who tend to say this only have graphics that look scratchy on their sites, and then say they’ll make a button for said person to display on their site if they want to link exchange. I’m not like that. I like to think I can make pretty buttons.
- With #10 in place, if you’re going to comment with, “Nice layout! But the header and footer backgrounds appear a bit grainy. (I face palmed.) If you check out my link, I can make you a better one!” And cue le .jpeg that is very blurry and (can’t finish this sentence because UGH.)
How do I escape this? How do I get out of whatever place on the web I attracted these people?
-.- I’m being a bit harsh, yeah, I’m aware. I’m just SO annoyed! It’s like this huge wave of bloggers came through, and now I’m back to “hey nice lyt check out my site pls! also wanna b affies? if u make me a fan sign i’ll make u a fan sign :)” comments! *grovels*
And I’ll make a pet peeves post later. -.-