What’s in my clutch
I really dislike carrying purses, so I carry a clutch instead. I received mine as a gift from my grandmother, whom I call “Grandmama”, for Christmas one or two years back. At first, I used it in my ancient American Eagle purse in desperate need of replacing. However, carrying a purse is annoying; the shoulder handles are almost always slipping off, and I have more trouble sorting out what to put in it than I do figuring out where everything is.
Thus, I just starting carrying the clutch, which has a wristlet attachment on it. It’s small and compact, and it works especially well when I neither need my travel pack of tissues (either Puffs or Kleenex, thank you) nor my Albuterol inhaler.
- EpiPen — Auto-injector and case; I never go places without it. Two came in the prescription, but… I lost the other one? :/
- Pen — I prefer to use my own pen places, because cross-contamination/contact is a thing that affects me for certain allergens, and also because I simply prefer to use my own when and where I can.
- Chap Ice lip balm — My lips get dry a lot, which makes them tempting to bite, so I need to always have some on me when I’m out, if possible. I haven’t used it much lately, because I think it might have coconut oil, as I have a mild reaction similar to the kind I have when I consume coconut. I’m going to be trying Earthtastic’s vanilla lip balm soon; if it works, it’ll earn a spot in my life! It has jojoba oil, but I shouldn’t react to it, because jojoba isn’t closely related to nuts…I think its nut-like nicknames are just associated with it the same way soap nuts and nutmeg got their names.
- Cards — Google Wallet (for times when I actually have money in it, which rarely happens), debit/bank/check card, license, biz card with home/contact info on one side and allergist’s contact info on the other side (the backs are glued together). I also have a biz card of my old therapist with me.
- Loose change — I’m not big on having loose change anywhere, but sometimes it’s helpful…other times, it just sits in there and only gets in there because I had cash on me and used it, then just dropped the change inside and literally forgot about it. Honestly, this loose change is surprise to me; I haven’t used cash in a while. (When I have cash on me, I want to spend it…it’s a problem.) Also, this is a lot of change to have inside my clutch. >.>
- Memory card case of antihistamine and ibuprofen — Just in case! I used to have a small cylinder, about the size of lip balm, that held ibuprofen, but it got dusty and was thus thrown away. I’d love something smaller so I could 1) have my memory card case back and 2) not have to lose so much room to allergy-related things. Feel free to throw suggestions my way. >.>
Correction: There is currently only antihistamine inside it, but this is also a new addition, and I forgot to add ibuprofen. #mybad
- SunButter coupon — Since I forgot it on my latest visit and outing to Sprouts and Target with Charlise, I put it in my clutch to make sure I couldn’t forget it again. Underneath it is a Dollar Store coupon, which I threw away shortly after taking the photos… it’s plural, because I took several photos. XD
- There is also a random paperclip and Band-Aid, the latter of which I added because I’m mega accident prone.
What do you carry?